Was Michael Jordan the first billionaire athlete?
How Michael Jordan, the first billionaire athlete, makes and spends his $2.1 billion fortune. He’s also the richest former professional athlete in the world. Jordan made less than $100 million while a player in the NBA, but has been a member of three-comma club since 2014.
Which athletes are billionaires?
- Alex Rodriguez Net Worth: $350M.
- Vinnie Johnson Net Worth: $400M.
- Lionel Messi Net Worth: $400M.
- Phil Mickelson Net Worth: $400M.
- Shaquille O’Neal Net Worth: $400M.
- LeBron James Net Worth: $440M.
- David Beckham Net Worth: $450M.
- Roger Federer Net Worth: $450M.
Was Tiger Woods ever a billionaire?
Tiger Woods has become the first billion-dollar sportsman after 13 years as a professional golfer. Adding together his winnings from this year together with his annual $100 million earnings, this makes Woods the first dollar billionaire sportsman.
When did Michael Jordan become a billionaire?
In 2014, Jordan became the first billionaire player in NBA history. With a net worth of $2.1 billion, he is the fourth-richest African-American, behind Robert F. Smith, David Steward, and Oprah Winfrey.