Who is the richest person in history?
Mansa Musa I of Mali
Who was richer than Rockefeller?
Jeff Bezos is now the richest man in modern history with an estimated net worth of over $150 billion dollars according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. However, his wealth as a share of his country’s GDP is still a lower percentage than John D Rockefeller’s was in the early 1900s.
Who was the richest man in US history?
The richest Americans in history
- William Weightman. Adjusted wealth*: $51.8 billion.
- John D. Rockefeller.
- Cornelius Vanderbilt. Adjusted wealth*: $205 billion.
- John Jacob Astor. Adjusted wealth*: $138 billion.
- Stephen Girard. Adjusted wealth*: $120 billion.
- Richard Mellon. Adjusted wealth*: $103 billion.
- Andrew Carnegie.
- Stephen Van Rensselaer.