10 genius things to do with $100
- Turn your freezer into an “emergency fund” for food.
- Purchase discount gift cards.
- Market yourself with this polished touch.
- Treat yourself now to prevent overspending later.
- Sharpen your mind and skills.
- Create a “celebration” fund.
- Finally fix that broken cell phone screen.
- Primp your place.
How can I make money with $100?
Investments You Can Use
- Automate with robo-advisors. When you only have $100 to invest, the last thing you want is large broker fees.
- Invest in Dividend Stocks.
- Invest in short-term cash investments.
- Lend to others.
- Invest in your own personal development.
- Invest in ETFs.
- Index funds.
- Buy individual stocks.
Is $100 a lot of money?
So yes, $100 is a lot of money, particularly in a recurring expense, even for a “rich” person making $100,000 a year. (And in my book, people making $100,000 a year are not rich, they are just making a lot of money. If they save none of it, they are poor). One-time expenses are a lot less dangerous, however.
How can I turn $100 into $1000?
7 Ways to Invest $100 and Grow it to $1000
- Put it into a high-interest savings account. If you’re wondering how to double $100 (and then some), look no further than the bank.
- Use robo-advisors.
- Invest in dividend stocks.
- Start a business.
- Invest in yourself.
- Lend your money.
- Buy and sell stocks.
How can I turn $100 into $200?
19 simple ways to turn $100 into $200
- Volunteer for overtime. Most of us shrink away from overtime because of the extra hours but if you need money, let your supervisor know that you’re available to work.
- Sell unwanted items on ebay.
- Return any old purchases or gifts.
- Baby sitting.
- Become an Uber driver.
- Set up a small cleaning business.