No investment is completely safe, but these are 5 (bank savings, CDs, Treasury securities, money market accounts, and fixed annuities) that are considered to be among the safest investments you can own.
What are the safest investments?
For example, certificates of deposit (CDs), money market accounts, municipal bonds and Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS) are among the safest types of investments.
What type of investment has the lowest risk?
If this is the kind of trade-off you are looking for, then below are seven low-risk investment options to consider.
- Bank Savings. A savings account at your bank or credit union is low risk.
- Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
- Treasury Securities.
- Money Market Accounts.
- Stable Value Funds.
- Fixed Annuities.
- Immediate Annuities.
What is the safest long term investment?
Here are the 10 best long term financial investments that anyone can make.
- Index Funds.
- Blue Chip Stocks.
- Properties and real estate.
- Dividend Reinvestment Plans (DRIPs)
- Mutual Funds.
What is the best and safest way to invest money?
- US Savings Bonds.
- Cash Value Life Insurance.
- Crowdfunded Real Estate Investing.
- Dividend Paying Stocks and ETFs.
- Corporate Bonds.
- Municipal Bonds.
- Preferred Stock. Adding on to the dividend stock theme is preferred stock.