Pros & Cons of the Stock Market
- Pro: You Can Make Great Money. Perhaps the biggest draw to the stock market is the potential to make a lot on your investment in a short amount of time.
- Con: The Market Can Be Volatile.
- Pro: Unmatched Liquidity.
- Con: Stock Market Crashes.
- Pro: Flexibility for Your Portfolio.
What are the cons of stocks?
The disadvantage of stocks vs. bonds is that stocks are not guaranteed to return anything to the investor, while bonds generally offer fairly reliable returns through coupon payments. Thus, the possibility for high returns is greater with stocks, but so is the possibility of losing money.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of stocks?
Advantages of using your personal money to invest in the stock market include the potential return on investment and ownership stake in a company. Disadvantages include higher risk and the time involved in investment.
What are the pros and cons of bonds?
- Investment returns are fixed. You receive a fixed rate of interest and your principal returned when the bond matures.
- Less risky compared to stocks. Besides receiving specified investment returns, bondholders are paid first over shareholders in the event of liquidation.
- Less volatile.
- Bonds have clear ratings.
What are benefits of stocks?
If you manage the risks, you can take advantage of the stock market to secure your financial position and earn money.
- Investment Gains. One of the primary benefits of investing in the stock market is the chance to grow your money.
- Dividend Income.