Are Microsoft and Google the same company?
Microsoft and Google are two separate giant entities. Google, founded in 1998, is a relatively “newcomer” while Microsoft, founded in 1975, is one of the oldest in the commercial software business.
What company owns Google?
A list—from A to Z—of all the companies, brands Google’s Alphabet currently owns
- A – Alphabet / Android / AdSense / Analytics / Ara / AdMob / Alerts.
- B – Blogger / Boston Dynamics / Books.
- C – Calico / Cardboard / Capital.
- D – Drive / DeepMind / Design / DoubleClick.
- E – Earth / Express.
What companies are owned by Microsoft?
Microsoft’s acquisition track record has come with both successes, and pitfalls.
- LinkedIn (2016) $28.1 bil.
- Skype (2011) $8.5 bil.
- GitHub (2018) $7.5 bil.
- Nokia (2013)* $7.2 bil.
- aQuantive (2007) $5.9 bil.
- Mojang (2014) $2.5 bil.
- Navision (2002) $1.3 bil.
- Visio (1999) $1.3 bil.
Who currently owns Microsoft?
Microsoft is one of the most profitable companies in the world. The company showed an almost 16% increase in revenue in the first quarter of 2019 compared to the first quarter of 2018. Notable current owners of Microsoft include Steve Ballmer, Bill Gates, Mason Morfit, Satya Nadella, and Bradford Smith.