On an Android device
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap on Google settings.
- Tap Google Account (Info, security & personalization)
- Tap on the Data & personalization tab.
- Tap on Web & App Activity.
- Toggle Web & App Activity off.
- Scroll down and toggle Location History off as well.
How do I keep my android from being tracked?
Stop Google from tracking you on an Android smartphone
- Step 1: From your phone’s settings menu, scroll down and select “Location.”
- Step 2: Scroll down and select “Google Location History.”
- Step 3: Turn “Location History” off using the slider.
- Step 4: Click “OK” when the dialog box appears.
How do I stop being tracked?
On Android: Open the App Drawer, go into Settings, select Location, and then enter Google Location Settings. Here, you can turn off Location Reporting and Location History.
How do I stop my phone from being tracked by police?
If you have an Android phone, go to Settings > Location access (or “Location and security”) > Google Wi-Fi & mobile network location (or “Use wireless networks”) and uncheck the setting. That said, it can be beneficial to keep location data on as it can prove your innocence just as much as your guilt.
Can my phone be tracked if Location Services is off?
Your smartphone can be tracked even if GPS, location services are turned off. According to Princeton researchers, the smartphone user wouldn’t even know their phone was being tracked. Three quarters of Android apps covertly track users There’s a good chance at least one popular app on your device is tracking you.