Online shopping safety tips
- Research retailers online to make sure they’re legitimate.
- Make sure the website is secure.
- Know your rights and the company’s returns policy.
- Keep software and virus protection up-to-date and use strong passwords for online accounts.
- Don’t use public Wi-Fi.
- Pay using a credit card.
- Be smart.
How do you know if online shopping is safe?
Look for these five signs that a website is safe:
- Look for the “S” in HTTPS.
- Find their contact information.
- Verify their trust seal.
- Know the signs of website malware.
How can I do online shopping?
Internet shopping: how to buy online
- Step 1: Search for a product using Google shopping.
- Step 2: Find an item you like using Google shopping.
- Step 3: Search via Google.
- Step 4: Searching for and buying a product from a website.
- Step 5: Adding a product to your basket.
- Step 6: Continue shopping or buy your product.
- Step 7: Checkout and pay.
What is the safest online payment method?