How do I start an errand service?
Starting an Errand Service Business in 6 Easy Steps
- Legal Structure. First you need to decide on the legal structure of your business.
- Name Your Business. Now you’re ready to name your errand service business.
- Insurance. You must have insurance.
- Gather Supplies. An errand business is great, because you won’t need a lot of supplies.
- Choose Services.
- Set Your Prices.
How do you bill for errand services?
Generally, you will have to pay an errand runner $25 per hour for their service.
- On This Page:
- Picking Up Dry Cleaning – $30 – $35/ hr.
- Bank Services – about $35/hr.
- Shopping: Grocery, Retail Store and Gifts – $30 hr.
- Picking up food – $35/hr.
- Post Office Services – $30/hr.
- Pet walking – $20-$25 per session per dog.
How much should I charge for an errand service?
Errand runners charge between $15 and $45 an hour, depending on location, with a national average around $25 per hour. Small town and rural errand runners earn the lower rates, while city prices are usually much higher.
Is an errand business profitable?
Getting into the errand business is quite easy and shouldn’t take you long. It’s a profitable and fun career where you help others and make good money doing it.