Do I need a broker to buy stocks?
Buying stocks normally requires a broker who can execute your trade.
By buying stock directly through the company, you can still build an investment portfolio without having to rely on the services — or pay the fees — of a stock broker.
How do I buy stock without a broker?
6 Ways to Buy Stocks Online Without a Broker
- Use a Transfer Agent like Computershare – high commissions.
- Use a Direct Purchase Plan Through Your Employer – You need to be employed at the company.
- Use a Dividend Reinvestment Plan – Good for dividend investors.
- Use your Company Stock Purchase Plan (SPP) – Only for employees.
How do beginners buy stocks?
How to Buy Stocks
- Step 1: Open an online brokerage account. Wondering where to buy stocks?
- Step 2: Select the stocks you want to buy.
- Step 3: Decide how many shares to buy.
- Step 4: Choose your stock order type.
- Step 5: Optimize your stock portfolio.
Can I buy shares without a broker in India?
Alike, it is not possible for any listed companies shares to be bought or sold by a investor without the indulgence of a broker. Though there are DSPP and few criteria to become a member of stock exchange directly and trade without a broker is a hardship for any individual.